Santa's Candy Cane Dark Chocolate Cookies
Santa might be sick of the ole chocolate chip cookies so I decided to get creative this year! I made a dark chocolate peppermint cookie with a twist of white chocolate. I topped it off with crushed candy canes and let them soak in the white chocolate. This rich cookie is a great dessert for a night with your family or a cozy get together with your friends.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Powder
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Bite
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 Bag White Chocolate
- Crushed Candy Canes
1. Mix the Flour, Dark Chocolate Powder and Bites, Sea Salt, Baking Soda, and Brown Sugar all in one large bowl.
2. Once it is mixed well add the eggs, melted butter, and Peppermint extract . Mix all the ingredients well so that it becomes a VERY thick dough.
3. Put your oven on to 350 degrees then roll up the cookie dough into small balls. There should be enough for 12 cookies.
4. Once the oven is ready, put the cookies in for 10 minutes. Make sure to check in them at about 8 minutes by sticking a toothpick in the center. If the dough comes off on the toothpick, then go the full 10 minutes.
5. Once you take the cookies out, let them cool down for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile melt a bowl of white chocolate and crush a couple of candy canes.
6. Once the cookies are cool and solid, dip the top half into the melted white chocolate and sprinkle the top with the crushed candy canes. Make sure to do it white the white chocolate is hot and melted so that the candy canes stay on
7. Let the white chocolate harden.
8. Bon Appetite!